Blog 6: A Career-Related Website OR an Expert in Your Field

 Hi everyone,

I hope all is well with you. Today, we are going to talk about a career related website OR an expert in your field of study.

I can't think of one specific website, so I will talk about a couple I use.

One is the New Yorker Magazine, here is where I take short-stories that I use for class. Some of my favorite English-language writers have written in this magazine like Jamaica Kincaid, Junot Díaz, and Edwidge Danticat. The only problem about the website is that after like 6 monthly visits they want to charge you :(


Another website I like is The Nation Magazine, it is a progressive American magazine where you can get good news from. I have used articles from this magazine in previous years, but sometimes the articles are really long for classes

Lastly, there is Zinn Education Project, Howard Zinn is the author of the book, "People's History of the United States" which is exactly what the name says hahahaha. The website is good because it has different history and English lessons created by teachers who want to be do social content in the classroom. I have gotten many ideas from this website, but sometimes it is difficult because the lessons are made mostly for students of primary and secondary schools.



These are my favorite websites for an English teacher

Now it's your turn:

Option 1: Write about a career-related website that you enjoy visiting.

- provide the link

- describe the website (sections, features,etc)
- say how often you visit the site
- explain why you like the site.


OR

Option 2: Who is a person/expert on your field that you admire?

Say:

-Who she/he is. (short biography)
-What she/he has done. (examples of their work)
-Why you like her/him.
-Include his/her image

>Add comments to 3 of your classmates’ blogs + a comment on your teacher's post
>Word Count: 150

Comentarios

Publicar un comentario